April 12, 2011

TuesDayVD #1

Hello there and welcome to ChrisCrossMedia's first installment of TuesDayVD, where we go over the DVD's that are coming out today and later on in the week. Unfortunately today there aren't that many blockbuster movies that hit the shelves, and that is why I will list them in our "Honarable Mentions" section at the end of this post.

Thankfully during this week we will see the release of the greatly anticipated Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1, which will be out on DVD this Friday the 15th of April!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 is based on the book of the same name, which is the seventh and final installment of the insanely popular Harry Potter franchise. The movie came out later last year on November 19th 2010, and was accepted as a great addition to the movie series. The movie still included the original cast of Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, and director David Yates.


Now I have yet to read the book and let alone watch the movie. Growing up as a kid I loved the Harry Potter books, but unfortunately I only read up to halfway through the 6th book. As far as the movies are concerned I have only watched the first one, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I don't think the movies are bad, on the contrary I find them really interesting and think they are very well produced, but it's something about me where I feel that the books are always better than the movies. But don't let me discourage you, I still highly recommend that you go out and pick up this movie for yourself and sit down with family and friends to watch it.

Adding to that, I have a real big urge to actually finally sit down and re-read the whole franchise, and to also finally watch all of the movies, including this one and Part 2 that will be out later this year in theaters. Sorcerer's Stone here I come...again!

Honorable Mentions

As I mentioned before, there weren't that many big name movies that came out on DVD today, so that is why they get there "15 seconds of fame" here in this week's "Honorable Mentions".

"Farewell" (Unrated)
Premiered in theaters on July 23, 2010
Released on DVD on April 12, 2011
Starring: Guillaume Canet, Emir Kusturica, Willem Dafoe, and Fred Ward


"Country Strong" (PG-13)
Premiered in theaters on January 7, 2011
Released on DVD on April 12, 2011
Starring: Gwenyth Paltrow, Tim McGraw, Garrett Hedlund, and Leighton Meester


And with all that, this will wrap up the first TuesDayVD. Hope you enjoyed it, and please join in next week for more newly released DVD news!





1 comment:

  1. Got to agree with you christian, about the harry potter movies. I found that they were very well done, however, I also found that the books were just so much better. I think the whole imagination thing really does play a role in making a book better than a movie. I don't know it just gives the book an extra advantage. Seeing things on screen is great but imagining things makes it so much cooler.

    ReplyDelete